Monday, December 23, 2013

Dealing with Things

Yesterday at church, the sermon was on guilt.  Wow!  I carry a lot of it.  When it was time for the altar call, I couldn't wait to go up there and lay it all down.  So I get up, and I kneeled down at the altar, and started to pray.  This little lady came up to me, and hugged me, and started praying over me.  I started to cry....it felt like with every tear, the guilt started coming out of me.  Once she was finished, a older man, grabbed the other side of me, and he started praying.  He told me, "You are forgiven, you don't need to hold onto the guilt anymore.  You can get up from this altar, and hold your head up high....God loves you."

Once I was back at my seat....a young lady I met during my "Protective Order" hearings, walked over to me and put her cheek to mine, and we both just cried.  No words, exchanged, just hugs, and tears.  So amazing, and so uplifting. 

Walking through healing will be the tough, but when I get there, I will then realize it was worth every tear.

I shared with Brianna and Thomas.  I told them this will be a good year for us.  Brianna asked, "Mom, how do you know?"  I told her because I am going to put all my trust in God, and not into my fears.  She looked relieved.  My kids will see a Mommy, who will show them the way.  The only way is "Jesus."  I choose to follow HIM, in all I do.

I'm an Over comer!!!





No comments: