Wednesday, August 1, 2012

In Christ Alone



I love the song In Christ Alone, and I had the opportunity to sing it couple of Easter's ago.  I was so nervous, but when I started singing, the fears were stilled.

I wanted to sing each word with truth and let my voice show others my testimony of the relationship I have with Christ.  So decided to pray and study over each line.  Here is some of the things I found in this song.  These are things I thought about then, and I still feel the same today.

In Christ Alone, my hope is found
 My hope is found in Christ, through this time in my life
My hope is found in Christ, with my kids 
My hope is found in Christ, with protection over my family
My hope is found in Christ, for all things

He is my light, my strength, my song
I will focus on only him, and He will give me the strength I need

This Cornerstone, this solid ground
Do you know the Cornerstone is the 1st stone set when building a house?  
Wow, it makes so much sense that HE is our Cornerstone.

 Built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, 
with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone.  Ephesians 2:20

Firm through the fiercest drought and storm
His love is, firm- which means determination, constant, steadfast, strong, and sure (for the road ahead)
Fiercest - His love is severe, it's intense


What heights of love, what depths of peace
No matter what, He will be there, and He will give us peace


When fears are stilled, when strivings cease
HE is our reliever of anxiety, our allayer of fears, I am so thankful He takes away my fears
 and I will no longer have to look back, only ahead for the future. AMEN!


My Comforter, My All in ALL
He holds me in his arms, and His presence helps me rest


Here in the love of Christ I stand
I will get through this because His love is surrounding me 


I am finding myself again, Praise God for answered prayers. Amen!





No comments: